I am honored to be supported by so many community leaders, as we work together to build our community for the future. Below are a few of their testimonials regarding my leadership at the County:
- Mary is a proven collaborator who understands the importance of bringing people together to work on critical regional issues such as public safety, housing, and homelessness.
Nadine Woodward, City of Spokane Mayor
- Commissioner Kuney demonstrates her dedication to Spokane County’s public safety through collaboration with our regional, state and federal partners. I have worked with Commissioner Kuney on several safety initiatives and appreciate her preparedness and willingness to listen to all sides of an issue before moving to decisive action. She has my full support.
Brian K. Asmus, Liberty Lake Police Chief (Retired)
- As a county leader, Mary consistently demonstrates the ability to bring people together. Whether the issue is health, homelessness, or transportation, Mary is an engaged, active, servant leader for our community.
Ben Wick, Spokane Valley City Council and Former Mayor
- Mary is a LEADER who cares and takes the time to ask us, the citizens of Spokane, our opinions. I have been in business in Spokane for 40 years and served on many community boards and I can tell you we need Mary Kuney’s continued leadership as a County Commissioner.
Clyde Haase, Community Leader, business owner
- Mary Kuney’s commitment to public safety and providing the resources we need is unquestionable. Safety isn’t an election year tagline for Mary, it is a way of life.
Ozzie Knezovich, Spokane County Sheriff
- Thank you for your support of issues vital to Washington agriculture and your continued desire to lead on these issues as a Spokane County Commissioner.
Washington State Farm Bureau PAC
- Mary Kuney’s a “get-it-done” woman! The Doris Morrison Learning Center is where it is because of Mary’s leadership and willingness to listen. Mary gets it done. That’s the way it is.
Bud Morrison, Morrison Ranch
- Mary Kuney has a PROVEN track record of supporting the Sheriff's Office and public safety. No one supports law enforcement and public safety more than Commissioner Kuney, and her support didn’t waiver when other politicians called for defunding the police. Mary stood tall and fought to see the Sheriff's Office receive the resources needed to keep our communities safe.
John Nowels, Spokane County Undersheriff
- Mary has been elected to be the next President of the Washington State Association of Counties (WSAC) because she knows, and can influence, the issues most important to counties. Rhetoric won’t cut it -- experience, demonstrated leadership, and team building will.
Michael Largent, Whitman County Commissioner, Past WSAC President, wheat farmer
- I've enjoyed working with Commissioner Kuney both when I was in the Senate and now as County Treasurer. Mary is a problem solver who cares deeply about the people of Spokane County.
Michael Baumgartner, Spokane County Treasurer